Thursday, December 2, 2010

Seminary, Basketball and Brian Regan:)

Today I was at school for 13 1/2 hours!

B1 Honors English- finished Macbeth act 2. I can actually understand it!
B2 Seminary: We had an amazing lesson today. It was about trials and how they make you stronger and closer to God. This lesson hit me really hard, because I have been going through a lot of trials lately. My teacher told our class a story that went like this "When I was a sophmore, a girl that I didnt really know befriended me. She took me into her group of friends, and eventually we were best friends. We started going out, and one day I took her on a date. It was so tense the whole time, and even though we were sitting close together, we were miles apart with what we were feeling. After the date, when I was driving her home, I asked her what was wrong. She told me that she didn't want to talk about it. At the end of the drive home, I asked her again. She looked at me, then got out of the car and never looked back. I never talked to that friend again. Frequently I asked God, why did I have to loose this friend? I liked her so much, and she was my best friend in the whole universe. I had prayed so hard and asked for her to stay my friend, but she just left. She didn't care. A couple of years later, when I was teaching Seminary, a student came up and told me about her boyfriend that she liked alot. She said that she really cared for him, but she still wanted to keep the church dating standards. I told her to look up John 3:30. It simply says : He must increase, but I must decrease. She looked at me like I was crazy, and said that she didn't understand. I told her that it meant that the person that you care about the most, and they care about you, might be overpassing Christ in prority. You must decrease so the person can realize how much they need Christ in thier lives, and not just you. Suddenly I realized, that is why my best friend had abandend me so many years ago. After she left, I was so lonely, and I turned to God for help. That was a turning point in my life. Now I am so grateful for the experience, and I understand now." Can I just say, thank you Brother Moore:) That was exactly what I needed to hear today. I am going through the exact same situation right now, my best friend is gone, but maybe it is because I need to come unto God again
B3 History: oh so boring
B4: choir!!! I love this class:)
After school me and Nikki went to basketball games from 3-9. Our sophmore and JV teams won, but Varsity lost. We were ahead the whole game, but the other school just barely pulled through. Frustrating!

I found my old CD of Brian Regan! I have been listening to him all night on my ipad (yes I did say ipad!)

what made my day:  Brother Moore
Why: he said exactly what I needed to hear:)

No comments:

Post a Comment