Sunday, December 5, 2010

The definition of beautiful

Beauty: the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind. I have been wanting to post about this for a long time. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Not to sound cheezy or anything but yeah. Whether it be their eyes, or their mind, or even their understanding of basic human morality, everyone has at least something. I don't exactly know what kind of beauty i have though. A couple weeks ago in young women, we had a lesson on eating healthy. Random I know. In our lesson we learned that junk food is put on this earth by the devil. When we eat things that are bad for our bodies, we are letting the devil in, because God would never tell us we are fat or ugly when we look into the mirror. Then, when we are so taken over by self hatred and insecurity, the devil strikes, and you end up in a place where you really don't want to be. Bascically, the lesson was be good to your body or you will end up being vunderable to the devil. This lesson hit me really hard, because yeah my friends and even people i don't know call me beautiful or gorgeous, but I don't see it. I don't want to just have outer beauty that I sometimes can't see. I want to be beautiful inside too. But today i was thinking about my insecurities, and it got me thinking: why does God only make some people physically attractive? In church we learn that we are only given trials that we can get through, and what if being the ugly girl is one of them? What if He makes people look the way they do, because they couldn't handle looking any other way? Like all the incredibly gorgeous people out there could never handle being unattractive, and the people that aren't so gorgeous are that way because they CAN handle being different. That thought makes complete sense to me. In march I was having huge self esteem issues, and i thought I was never going to be good enough for anyone. I hated myself. I could not handle feeling like that, even though I wasn't the way I thought I was. This makes me think: am I a weak person because I AM pretty? It's a scary thought. Beauty is such a relative term, and everyone has it in some form, but not everyone can see it. My spiritual thought for the day: let God into your lives, and you will never have to feel unbeautiful again.

What made my day: eating pumpkin fudge
Why: because tomorrow I am not eating sugar anymore for track conditioning

P.s. I cannot stop listening to Why Georgia by John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment