Saturday, August 24, 2013

during my first week of college I.....

hi, let me first say that, while typing the title, i wrote FURST.

whoops. i promise i made it into college!

okay, so i have been living the college life for about a week now

and it is getting much easier (:

i miss adam everyday, but not as much as i used to, which is good, because i can handle it

and guess what!

HE IS VISITING TOMORROW

I AM BEYOND EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay anyways!

so my first week of college!

it can be summed up in about 7 words

1. WALKING

oh my goodness! I think i have walked 30 miles this week

i walk EVERYWHERE

to class, home from class, during class, to work, home from work, to the bus, home from the bus, to the
student center, up the stairs to my apartment

i even went on a hike to this wayyy cool place called the concrete jungle

look it up

its crazy!

its like i am at disneyland, everyday

but its way good for me!

i have been wanting to start running again, and the best way to start running after shin splints is to start walking

so thats what i have been doing!

2. PLANNING

i have to plan everything!

i have to take the bus everywhere, so i always have to leave at least an hour early to wherever i am going

then, i have to plan what to buy at the store, what to make for dinner, what to do when my boyfriend comes up, when to do homework, when to SHOWER

its crazy how busy i am!

i wonder if i will ever NOT be busy

probs not

3. WORKING

i think it is my thing to have two jobs!

so, first, i got a job at pizza pie cafe, which is adam's most favoritest place in the whole world

(shh. im in college)

i buss tables all day (bus? buss?)

ive already made 20 bucks in tips!

then, i got another job at the university inn, where i buss tables from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.

yeah. six ay emm

but i will be rolling in money!

4. RUNNING

okay, i went running once.

i did have to run to the bus once though?








5. CONNECTIONS

its the reason i had to come up here so early, its like a pre-college class, where we do fun stuff like bowling and walking the campus and checking out the bus. we also met William Kamkwamba , who made a windmill out of scrap metal in his home country of Malawi and gave clean electricity to his village.

basically, it was way cool.


6. LOSING

okay. so i lost my wallet

with credit and debit cards, bank accounts, health insurance cards, my license, my A card, my temple recommend, my mailbox key, my room key, and 30 dollars in it

but, i found it the next day!

some kind, kind soul turned it in!


i think its because i had 30 dollars of tithing money in it (;

in other news, i am losing the freshman fifteen

i have been eating SO well lately!

its so easy to do when your boyfriend isnt taking you out to eat every two hours

(i know, i know, i can NOT complain about adam. hes amazing. and a boy, which is nice to have.)

i am determined to not only NOT gain the freshman fifteen, but to lose it!

125 here i come?

WAIT DID I JUST TELL EVERYONE HOW MUCH I WEIGH?!?!?!?!?!?!?

(in VERY unrelated news, I am up to a 34C hollaaaa)

7. MISSING

i miss everyone!

especially adam and megan

but i am making so many new friends!

and i miss kaleb

and my family

and zurchers (is that weird???)

8. MAT KEARNEY

he is the only music i have been listening to

sooooo good

  

welp, thats it!

i hope everyone is enjoying college, or work, or whatevs they are doing

p.s. i got hit on at work today, while wearing a gross apron/shirt combination since i got called in early and barely had time to shower, let alone wash my icky work clothes

go me?

im not excited for all of the gross upper-class men on the prowl for "freshmeat"

if anyone calls me that i will call them a sexist and a gross human being

teach them bro-dudes a lesson

okay im getting weird

keep calm and carry on!

goodnight

(:




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like college life is crazy!! Love reading your blog. My Haleys college life is crazy too. So crazy u both r both so grown up. Have fun this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start college officially tomorrow. Wish me luck! :D I love you Haley!!!!

    ReplyDelete