Saturday, March 19, 2011

Final Decision

today. has been super wierd. i woke up at 7:50 to go to nikkis hair appointment at 8. all i managed to do was put pants on, and then i got out of there. but its okay, the hair ladies let me straigten my hair there, so i didnt look atrocious as i headed back to the YCL retreat. we ate breakfast, and then went outside for a presentation from some 4th ward boys. Haley, Candance, Amanda and I all sat on a two person couch, sharing one blanket. it was actually really warm. sooo i fell asleep. then we went inside. and i fell asleep again, in this tiny little corner, with my head on this ladies bag that was full of hard books. it was super uncomfortable, but yet i fell asleep. i had a dream that i was in that exact same room, but just waking up, and there was alot of kids there from MV. so when i REALLY woke up, i was all confused. and thats how ive been all day. super disoriented, and it feels like i was at nikkis hair thing yesterday. i seriously was only mentally and physically present for about 20 % of that retreat. im still so confused. i hung out with haley and candace and jesse. and ohhh myyy heeckk it was super fun! we played spoons, and chinese writing, and good soup bad soup. and it was amazing. candace didnt believe us that trees are made out of wood. then i ate two bowls of ramen. mmmm(: so all in all it was a pretty good day!

okay.

so.

the final decision.

I'm not trying out for cheer.

why?

because.

I've always been the girl who didnt want to be a cookie cutter. and, with no offense to cheerleaders now, i dont think that cheer is the right thing for me to do. and im doing it for all the wrong reasons also. im going to try out when i am a senior. but right now, im only doing it because, well, thats personal. the only reason i WAS going to try out, is so that i could have something that me and nikki could do together. but still. i think i will stick with cross country. i dont think i could deal with all the drama that comes in cheer either. . i already have enough people that talk crap on me. sooo yeah. im done now. 
also. Jimmer lead BYU to a great victory today. If our team gets into the elite eight, then my history/spanish teacher will bring our class doughnuts and pizza. we only have to win one more game! its exciting. but it sucks, because tomorrow i am going no-sugar. yup. you heard me. this little piggy isnt eating sugar anymore. that means no more slushies, milkshakes, rice krispies, or sugar cereal. and i am putting it on here so its official. if you see sugar heading for my mouth, i give you permission to snatch it out of my hands. well, now im off to make my very last milkshake.

Day Twenty
"The meaning between your blog name"
okay. so A Lyrical Symphony is something that i came up with in october, when i was going through something really hard. you can read about it here. It basically means how words in songs can mean so much. i wrote a lot of songs during this time, and i put my whole soul and hurt into them. If youve heard a symphony, they are big and loud at one point, and then soft at another. that was what i was going through then. at one point i would be furious. "why?! how could she do this?" would be going through my head. but the next moment, i would be in my room holding back tears, wondering what i could do to make it better. A Lyrical Symphony was just my way of expressing everything that was hurting during that time.

Day Twenty One
"A photo of something that makes you happy"
rain makes me SO happy. like you have no idea. i love how it cleans the earth, and how it makes everything smell good, and how it feels to walk in the rain, and how one day im gunna get kissed in the rain. i love how after the rain, theres a rainbow. i just seriously love rain

kay bye(:

wait.

listen

1 comment:

  1. Haley, I was surprised to see you aren't trying out for cheer. But I don't blame you. It is fun to be involved like that, but it has its drawbacks too. I'm just excited you are still going to do cross country! Running is the best. I like what it does for my head almost more than it does for the rest of me.

    We should all do a race sometime. It would be fun!

    ReplyDelete